Bonjour, this is Frederic and I would like to personally welcome you to the thirty-seventh episode of the Talk in French Podcast!
This podcast is intended for beginner to intermediate French language learners and French culture enthusiasts. For advanced level learners, I also have an all-French Podcast which you would probably enjoy more. You can check the Advanced Podcast here.
In this episode:
- Some information about French Culture. How the French celebrate Christmas?
- Some French Words with an English Translation. Ideal when you cook, run, commute....
- Learn some French words with a double meaning: Avoid this common mistake made by some English Speakers in French?
- Some French Expressions and their translation
What's in this Podcast?
French Travel and Culture
Discover some interesting aspects of French travel and culture.
Vocabulary and Expressions
Learn useful French vocabulary and idiomatic expressions.
French Grammar Explanation
Get to know important grammar points and learn how to use it.
Listen to this Podcast Episode Now
French Vocabulary Included in this Episode:
|les urgences||A&E (UK), ER (US)|
|les horaires de visite||visiting hours|
French Expressions from this Podcast Episode:
|Etre comme l'âne de Buridan||to be unable to choose between alternatives|
|Éclairer la lanterne||To enlighten somebody|
|Attaquer bille en tête||He didn't beat about the bush|
|Ca passe ou ça casse||sink or swim it|
|Avoir un cheveu sur la langue||to have a lisp|
|La gueule de bois||hangover|
Confusing French Words with a double meaning
- Un bureau: a desk or an office
- Voler: to fly or to steal
- temps – can refer to both “time” and “weather”
- Prier: to pray or to beg
- Une feuille: a leaf or a paper
- Chercher: to search or to look for
- Jouer: to act or to play
- Une langue: a tongue or a language
- Une pièce: a room or a coin or a piece or a part
- Un verre: a glass or a lens
- Bleu: blue or a bruise
Links to Articles and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Also on iTunes
This podcast is also available on iTunes, so if you prefer to listen on your device, please check it out on iTunes and give me an honest review here . I updated the RSS feed so all the information is available there.
Once again your feedback will be greatly appreciated and it would help me develop more learning resources for you. If you have time, please leave a review in iTunes, too.