Listening Time: 37 minutes.
Here is the 13th session of Talk in French Podcast!
You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it here via iTunes. There is a button where you can download the Podcast.
In this episode:
– Some information about French Culture. I explain some French Etiquette when eating out
– Some French Words with an English Translation. Ideal when you cook, run, commute….
– A quick French Grammar Explanation. 10 embarrassing pronunciation mistakes that you should avoid in French.
– Some French Expressions and their translation.
Download the Podcast now
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
or listen on the website.
Listen on iTunes
The podcast has been approved by Apple so you can now listen the podcast on iTunes and give me an honest review here .
I will create a french version of the podcast in the coming weeks, if you are a bit advanced learners you should enjoy it more.
Listen the Podcast Now.
Articles and vocabulary Mentioned in This Session:
Some mispronunciation mentioned in the podcast
- Cou = neck / Cul =ass
- Coup = A hit/ shot
- C’était un joli coup (it was a nice shot). But you can be « un bon coup » = a good shag
- Joli cul = nice ass
- J’ai mal au cou (My neck hurts) not J’ai mal au cul ( My ass hurts)
- Bulle (bubble) Boule (balls)
- Salut (Hi) Salaud / Salop (Asshole)
- Merci beaucoup (thank you very much) not Merci beau cul (thank you nice ass)
- Vladimir Putin not Vladimir Putain (Vladimir Fuck)
- Cheveux (hair) vs Chevaux (horses)
- Canard (duck) vs Connard (asshole)
- Duck Confit (confit de canard not confit de connard)
- But « C’est un canard/ il fait le canard (he acts like a duck) = a yes man to his girlfriend)
- Con (a jerk) vs Quand (when)
- Branly (place in Paris) vs Branler (to jerk off)
- Baisser (to lower) Baiser (to fuck)
French Words in the Podcast
- le supermarché – supermarket/grocery store
- les provisions – groceries
- le tapis roulant – conveyer belt
- la boulangerie – bakery
- la confiserie – confectionary/sweets section
- les fruits – fruits
- les produits surgelés – frozen food
- la nourriture pour animaux – pet food
- la caisse- till/cash register
French Expression in the Podcast
- Ne quittez pas. – Please hold.
- Ça bouge ? – How’s it going?
- Ça me prend la tête ! – That drives me crazy!
- Je comprends un peu. I understand a little.
- C’est bon – It’s good
- C’est surprenant – It’s surprising
- Je vous le passe. – I’m transferring your call.
Again your feedback are appreciated and a review on iTunes as well.
P.S: Do not hesitate to share this article on pinterest,facebook, twitter or google plus.