Bonjour, this is Frederic and I would like to personally welcome you to the thirteenth episode of the Talk in French Podcast!
This podcast is intended for beginner to intermediate French language learners and French culture enthusiasts. For advanced level learners, I also have an all-French Podcast which you would probably enjoy more. You can check the Advanced Podcast here.
In this episode:
- Some information about French Culture. I explain some French Etiquette when eating out
- Some French Words with an English Translation. Ideal when you cook, run, commute....
- A quick French Grammar Explanation. 10 embarrassing pronunciation mistakes that you should avoid in French.
- Some French Expressions and their translation.
What's in this Podcast?
French Travel and Culture
Discover some interesting aspects of French travel and culture.
Vocabulary and Expressions
Learn useful French vocabulary and idiomatic expressions.
French Grammar Explanation
Get to know important grammar points and learn how to use it.
Listen to this Podcast Episode Now
French Vocabulary Included in this Episode:
|le supermarché||supermarket/grocery store|
|le tapis roulant||conveyer belt|
|la confiserie||confectionary/sweets section|
|les produits surgelés||frozen food|
|la nourriture pour animaux||pet food|
|la caisse||till/cash register|
French Expressions from this Podcast Episode:
|Ne quittez pas.||Please hold.|
|Ça bouge ?||How's it going?|
|Ça me prend la tête !||That drives me crazy!|
|Je comprends un peu.||I understand a little.|
|C'est bon||It's good|
|C'est surprenant||It's surprising|
|Je vous le passe.||I'm transferring your call.|
Some mispronunciation mentioned in the podcast
- Cou = neck / Cul =ass
- Coup = A hit/ shot
- C’était un joli coup (it was a nice shot). But you can be « un bon coup » = a good shag
- Joli cul = nice ass
- J’ai mal au cou (My neck hurts) not J’ai mal au cul ( My ass hurts)
- Bulle (bubble) Boule (balls)
- Salut (Hi) Salaud / Salop (Asshole)
- Merci beaucoup (thank you very much) not Merci beau cul (thank you nice ass)
- Vladimir Putin not Vladimir Putain (Vladimir Fuck)
- Cheveux (hair) vs Chevaux (horses)
- Canard (duck) vs Connard (asshole)
- Duck Confit (confit de canard not confit de connard)
- But « C’est un canard/ il fait le canard (he acts like a duck) = a yes man to his girlfriend)
- Con (a jerk) vs Quand (when)
- Branly (place in Paris) vs Branler (to jerk off)
- Baisser (to lower) Baiser (to fuck)
Also on iTunes
This podcast is also available on iTunes, so if you prefer to listen on your device, please check it out on iTunes and give me an honest review here . I updated the RSS feed so all the information is available there.
Once again your feedback will be greatly appreciated and it would help me develop more learning resources for you. If you have time, please leave a review in iTunes, too.