[symple_highlight color=”green”]Listening Time: 45 minutes.[/symple_highlight]
Here is the 22nd session of Talk in French Podcast!
In this episode:
– Some information about French Culture. Discover how French people celebrate a wedding ceremony. I explain here some differences.
– Some French Words with an English Translation.
– A quick French Grammar Explanation. Learn some French interjections (Hein, Ohlàlà…) and try to sound like a French person.
– Some French Expressions and their translation (New: literal translation too)
Download the Podcast now
or listen on the website.
Listen on iTunes
The podcast has been approved by Apple so you can now listen to the podcast on iTunes and give me an honest review here . I will create a French version of the podcast in the coming weeks, so if you are a bit advanced, you should enjoy it more.
Articles and vocabulary Mentioned in This Session:
French Words in the Podcast
- la plongée – diving
- la bibliothèque bookcase
- le camion – the truck
- les jouets – the toys
- les patins à glace – the skates
- la poupée – the doll
- les cubes – the blocks
- la corde à sauter – the jump rope / skipping rope
- le cerceau – the hula hoop
- les mots croisés – crossword puzzle
French Expression in the Podcast
- se donner du mal- to take great trouble; to work hard
- se donner le mot – to pass the word on
- se donner le nom/titre de – to call oneself by the name/title of
- Vous voyez d’ici le tableau ! – Just picture it!
- rendre service – to be a great help, to be handy
- rendre le soupir – to breathe one’s last
- rendre le bien pour le mal – to return good for evil
Traditions during the wedding ceremony
In the City Hall (Source: Mariage-phot)
Croquembouche (source: intothewedding)
Again your opinions are appreciated and a review on iTunes as well.
P.S: Do not hesitate to share this article on pinterest,facebook, twitter or google plus.